Saturday, March 26, 2011

Therapy

So, I don't know if you have ever been to therapy?  I have, once or twice.....I was still trying to get over that being adopted from a tribe thing!  Anyway, no offense to any of you therapists out there.  I am sure you do a great job!  But, I am not convinced that sitting week after week hashing and re-hashing the same old stuff is that good for you. Get over it!  My idea of therapy is a daily walk with a couple of my good friends.  I can't tell you how many problems we solve on those daily walks.  We vent, we laugh, we commiserate, we support one another through rough times.  And, by doing so, we find we all have the same issues.  And, at the same time, we are getting some exercise! Dual purpose.......How can you beat that?   One thing, though....there has to be a Walking Code of Silence.  Anything said on our daily walks may not be repeated.  Give it a try.......I think you will love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment