Saturday, March 19, 2011

Middle Child

I am the middle child in a family of 3 girls.  Tell me that is not a tough spot?   I always tell people that I am in the middle between the Homecoming Queen and the Overachiever. (This is a compliment....they are both truly awesome).  It is true!! Don't get me wrong, I am not a total nobody, but one of my sisters was the Homecoming Queen and the other one is the Overachiever. On top of it, they were both cheerleaders, song girls, or whatever the highest ranking, most popular girls in the school were.  I was the "substitute cheerleader".  That meant that I had to go to every practice and learn every cheer just in case.  One lucky day in 8th grade, someone got sick and I actually got to cheer at a game.  Best day of my life!!!  And, I was damn good too,  if I do say so myself.  So, maybe my sister's school days are a big blur of one game after another.  But, I have that one special game to remember, in my mind forever, or until I get Alzheimer's........now how is that for making lemonade out of lemons?

No comments:

Post a Comment