Friday, March 18, 2011

Reading Glasses

One thought leads to another....maybe I have AADD.  Anyway, now that I am 50ish,  my eyesight is just gone....I mean my close-up vision.  This is actually a blessing.  I think the eyesight thing is God's way of making us feel better about ourselves.  When I look in the mirror, I see this sort of fuzzy, diffuse person looking back at me.  I look pretty good.  My skin looks good, there is a healthy glow, I like what I see.  It does make putting on make-up a little challenging.  And then, HORRORS!!  I make the mistake of looking in the mirror with my glasses on, and OMG!!  Eyebrows in the wrong place, smudged eyeliner, too much blush.  Those damn lines and wrinkes, and that neck! So, I prefer to look at myself in the mirror without the reading glasses.  Someone please tell me, though, if I go out in public with lipstick all over my face.....thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment