Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More About the "Stuff"

Today, I was cleaning out some more clutter and came up with some more thoughts on STUFF. To put things in perspective, there have been these terrible tornadoes in large areas of our country this week.  All of those people that have lost their homes and all of their belongings.  It is sad, but not as sad as the loss of life.  All of the stuff doesn't mean a thing.  It can be replaced.  I know...what about the pictures and momentos that have been saved over a life-time?  They will be missed.  But, there is no loss like the loss of life that has taken place.  Makes you realize what is important.  Who wouldn't give up all of their stuff to have just a little more time with a loved one lost?  We Americans are kind of insatiable about our stuff.  The more we get, the more we want.  One thing leads to another.  I am guilty of this myself and I am in a constant battle to contain it.  To contain the wants vs. the needs and to contain the stuff in all of those boxes, baskets and bins.  I know that owning more stuff just means more to take care of.  More to repair.  More to clean.  More to dust. So, down with stuff!!!!  Less is more!  Repeat after me....less is more!  My new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment