Sunday, May 1, 2011

Flats are Back!!

Yahoo!  Flats are back.  Not that they ever went anywhere, but according to the latest fashion news, they are back.  Here, again, I am way ahead of everyone else.  I have been wearing nothing but flats for, oh, at least the last 20 years.  The last time I wore heels, I was a couple of decades younger. There is nothing more unattractive than an older, let's say mature woman, wobbling on high heels.  But one thing about being in the 50 something-ish range, is that you don't worry so much about what others are wearing and you go with what is comfortable.  I LOVE flat shoes.  I have a closet full.....and now I am vindicated.  Here is a quote from the Style section of our local newspaper.....

"Flats give you a chance to play....whether they are pointy at the toe or they're a Mary-Jane style, but personally, I would play with color.  Just a swath of color across the toe is an easier adjustment for the eye than  four inches of the same color on a heel.  Patent leather or embellishments make a daytime outfit, but for cocktail or evening looks, metallic leather is a must."

I am so stylish.....and way ahead of my time!!  Maybe I am almost a genius!  Now as soon as the other "flat" comes back in fashion, I will really be rocking it.  Finger's crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment