Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hair....Or Lack Thereof

I have a constant battle with my hair.  Or, maybe I should say the growing lack of it.  I have always had very fine, straight hair.  It is the bane of my existence.  When I was younger, I wanted to have those beautiful heads of long and lush hair like the girls on the Herbal Essence commercials.  Full, long  hair. The body and bounce!  How I wanted that hair.  I, too, used Herbal Essence, but did my hair look like that?  NO!  I blow-dried, fluffed, curled, fluffed some more.......with no resemblance to those heads of hair.  I still fight this battle....except now my hair is thinning, too.  And, grey!  Fine, limp, flat, thin, straight, grey hair.  I am so lucky!!  So, now besides, drying, fluffing, curling and spraying, I have to color, too.  And, quite often! How is it that those roots show up after a couple of weeks, but my hair grew like a snail when I was younger and wanted those long, beautiful locks?  And, the length....should I go longer or should I go shorter?  Which way makes my face look thinner?  What is it, this obsession with hair?  Hey, just wondering....does anybody else out there still use hot rollers, or am I the only woman in America that can't live without them? If they ever grow extinct, I will be in big trouble.  I search garage sales for those last bastions of hope for us flat-haired gals. So, this battle with my hair will go on. I guess it could be way worse. Luckily, I still have the hot rollers and  I will say one positive thing about the thinning of the hair......I don't have to shave my legs as often.  Yes,  I will cling to that bright thought. 

1 comment:

  1. No, you are not the only person who still uses hot roller. In fact, in my style magazines there is often a pro that suggests using them to get "Eva Longoria's soft curls" or "Jessica Simpson's Bounce."

    And, Mutti, just because you are losing the hair on your head along with your eyesight, it doesn't mean that you no longer need to shave your legs. It just means you can't see that you need to shave your legs. Sorry to bust your bubble of positivity.

    ReplyDelete