Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decorating

I am not a decorator.  The truth is that I am a frustrated decorator wannabe.  I guess I have a little bit of talent in this area.....so, I have been told.  So, maybe I will add to my blog a few decorating tips and ideas for some of you other regular people out there. I am not above shopping at garage sales and The Salvation Army.  In fact, some of my favorite pieces have come from those two places.  For instance, I once went into The Salvation Army and saw this really cool, old buffet.  It used to be mahogany but was all scratched and banged up.  I got it for $40.00.  So, I brought it home and painted it black.  Then, I sandpapered the edges to give it a little bit of a worn look.  It turned out pretty well.  Pottery Barn, beware!!  It is one of my favorite pieces in my house and it was $40 and a little sweat equity.  I will attach a picture. There it is, behind the printed chairs I snagged from my sister before she threw them away. The moral of the story is that you do not have to have a lot of money to change things up.  So, get creative and get out to some garage sales!!! Reduce, Re-use and Recyle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment