Sunday, April 10, 2011

Airplane Trips

So does anyone else remember when taking an airplane trip was a real treat?  I took my first plane trip when I was 16 years old, and boy was it a big deal!!  We were flying across the country for the holidays, and we girls were so excited. We got dressed up....yes, dressed up. Skirts, sweaters, knee hi's. Cute little carry-ons in tow that actually fit under the seat in front of us. Oh my goodness, it was the best thing ever.  And, then the plane ride itself...what an adventure.  Those meals........the cute little tray with all of the little condiments. Highlight of the trip!!!  Warm, damp towels before landing for freshening up.  Boy, are those days gone!  I have actually seen people flying in pajama bottoms!!  Not kidding.  Since when is it ok to wear pajamas in public, let alone on an airplane? And then, the carry ons.  People pushing and shoving and knocking people in the head to stuff a bag the size of Texas in the overhead bins.  Meals, gone. Service, gone. Comfort, gone. Space, gone.  Any semblance of order or decorum, gone!!  Boy, do I miss the old days.  Just saying.........

No comments:

Post a Comment